Sal Calta is an industry recognized Business Transformation executive with 20+ years of executive leadership experience. In June 2015, Sal retired from IBM. At IBM, he led the CIO organization that owned all the IT applications that ran the company from front through back office – working with the top IBM executives to drive major business transformation across enterprise: Acquisitions and Divestitures, Digital Transformation, Business Model changes, Global Shared Services, Supply Chain, Optimization, Sales productivity, and more.
Sal is a global technology leader leveraging operational, business and product development acumen to transform large complex organizations. He is a vision architect with a maniacal focus on execution, working backward from KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) to craft high return on investment strategic plans and communicate clear action steps to innovate new business models, deliver cost reductions, help distinguish the brand, drive profitable growth, and respond to competitive threats.
Sal currently owns and operates Calta Consulting LLC., which provides the perfect blend of IT and Business operational experience.
Sal’s career highlights:
- Bold 5-month turnaround as interim CIO at Florida Blue – Stabilized major projects, restructured entire team to enable Agile solution delivery, revamped IT investment, restored the confidence of CEO and President, revamped executive leadership team, picked permanent CIO and executed a smooth transition.
- Revolutionized IT solution delivery process to obtain $2.2B of Finance Certified business benefits in 2012, cut total expenses $300M, and triple ratio of Benefit per Dollar invested in transformation projects over 4 years.
- Propelled IBM manufacturing into preeminent globally integrated entity for $10B hardware business. Combined 13 separate global sites into 1 seamless network joining 9000 workforce around flawless quality and delivery.
- Piloted single best IT project in IBM history – Sales Connect, CRM system – deployed globally to IBM’s 40,000 internal sales force, dramatically improving productivity, decreasing expenses, and fueling efficiencies.
- Integral contributor advancing the paradigm shift to cutting edge shared services model. Founding leader converting the global supply chain, manufacturing, and technology organizations into centralized structures.
- Pioneered a world-class management system to rank IT project portfolio based on size, complexity, and ROI to business need. Translated technology value to win broad business unit support across IBM.
Sal is currently a Mercy College Consulting MBA Advisor, former Chair, Manufacturing and Trade Committee for Dutchess County Regional Chamber of Commerce, and former Chair, Volunteer Leadership Board of New York Blood Center. Sal earned his BS in Electrical Engineering from Stony Brook University.